Hamptons Backyard Wedding | Watermill, NY
I am so excited to share this intimate Hamptons backyard wedding!
A warm congratulations to Phoebe and Kris who recently got married at Phoebe’s grandparents’ home in Watermill, NY .
A home described as, “the center of gravity for Phoebe’s family.”
A home that her grandparents built themselves in the 1960’s that overlooks the Mecox Bay.
Phoebe & Kris originally planned an October 2022 wedding in the Catskills.
However, sadly; after the recent passing of Phoebe’s grandfather as well as Kris’s grandparents moving away, they decided to move up their wedding to this summer so Kris’s grandparents could attend before there relocation to Florida.
In speaking with Phoebe and Kris on the phone pre wedding they described how they wanted their wedding to be, “casual, lively, natural, and organic”.
And it was all those things and moreover it was full of warmth and emotion.
- Phoebe’s mom grew the flowers that Kris’s mom used to create their floral ceremony arbor.
- Phoebe’s brother sang and played his guitar during the ceremony.
- Their dear friend officiated.
- Phoebe’s college friend played her guitar for a dance set as well as their first dance song, “Simply the Best.”
- Home-made family recipes and dishes were cooked and served with love.
- Many family members and friends made impromptu speeches bringing all to laughter and tears.
Phoebe and Kris recited their own handwritten vows in front of their closest family and friends.
Followed by a casual reception enjoying one another’s company as well as the local delicacies from the Schuck Truck.
Their families surprised them with a rowboat decorated with a “Just Married” sign and they took it for a row in the Bay.
Afterwards we took portraits on the beach – down the block where Kris proposed marriage.
Sharing some of my favorites from their “casual, lively, natural, organic” and amazing day.
Thank you Phoebe and Kris for trusting me with your precious memories.
I loved being a part of your wedding. ♥